A DIY Guide to applying for a grant – Part 1
FINDING GRANT SOURCES
So, you’re applying for a grant…
Grants are available at all tiers of government; think Federal, State and Local. Grant applications are often time-limited so be prepared to be prepared.
In this 10-part series we will explore the world of grants and funding available for your organisation and hopefully make the process more approachable for you.
LESSON ONE – FINDING THESE LITTLE POCKETS OF GOLD
There are numerous ways to locate grants and find out about rounds:
- Google things like business grants, grow my business, government assistance for business. If you’re looking for a grant to support health google health funding… I think you get the point.
- Find some go to websites such as business.gov.au, communitybuilders.nsw and even the PARLIAMENT of AUSTRALIA website.
- Find the go-to people to share information with you. Consider your local Regional Development Australia team, AusIndustry staff and in NSW the Office of Regional Development.
- Subscribe to the following newsletters:
- Your local Regional Development Australia
- Your local MP’s newsletter.
- Any government agencies relevant to your business with newsletters.
- Industry peak bodies.
- Chambers of Commerce
- Your local Council.
Yes, this will keep your inbox full, however, eventually, you’ll work out who has the good stuff and who doesn’t.
- Go social. Source the Facebook pages and Twitter handles of the above mentioned entities and keep your eyes peeled for grant information.
- Network with other similar businesses and your local industry sector, chances are someone will find an opportunity you can collaborate on, or maybe an information exchange will be enough.
So, now you have a swag of grants to apply for, where do you start?
In part 2 of this series, A DIY guide for applying for a grant, I will provide you with the details on how to do just that.
Until then, happy grant finding,
Kerry Grace, CEO and Director of Regional Development
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast and Norfolk island
Originally published on www.evolvenetwork.com.au